Low GI “Apple” Crisp
- Ready In:
- 1hr 13mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Peel an drain zucchini.
- Slice it lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut all the seeds out.
- Slice the zucchini into slices that resemble apple slices.
- You should have about 6 cups.
- Boil the zucchini in the boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Mix together the 1 cup of fructose, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 2 tablespoons flour.
- Sprinkle over the zucchini slices and toss to coat evenly.
- Place zucchini slices into a greased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together to make the crumb topping.
- Distribute it evenly it evenly over the zucchini.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until topping is browned and crispy.
- May be served warm, cold or at room temperature.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!