1/1 Photo of Blanca's Rich and Creamy Vanilla Pudding
My mom created this recipe for vanilla pudding. I think it's richer and sweeter than most vanilla pudding recipes. It's delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine the cornstarch and salt. Slowly whisk in the whole milk then the sweetened condensed milk until thoroughly combined.
- 2Heat the mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly and scraping sides and bottom of saucepan.
- 3When mixture begins to thicken a bit, add about 1 cup of it to the egg yolks. Mix well and then add the egg mixture back to saucepan.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 5Strain the pudding through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, scraping with a rubber spatula to pass the pudding through. (I know this is an extra step, but it removes any bits of cooked egg, so the pudding is smooth.).
- 6Stir the butter and vanilla into the pudding until the butter is melted.
- 7To prevent a skin from forming, press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding or you can dust it with a little bit of cinnamon and put some raisins on top like my mom does. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blanca's Rich and Creamy Vanilla Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 222.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g