Creamy Vanilla Pudding Pie
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks.
- Cook until thick in saucepan or microwave. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter. Add vanilla.
- Cool slightly (stirring occasionally). Pour into prepared pie crust.
- To prepare meringue: Beat 3 egg whites with cream of tartar and vanilla. Gradually add 6 Tbsp sugar till soft peaks form, spread on top of pie. Bake in moderate oven 350 degree F 12 to 15 minutes.
- Or top chilled pie with whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I could not resist making this pie after I saw the beautiful picture... Add the fact that I love *anything* vanilla, and well, I am in heaven!!! I used Recipe #116887 for the crust and since I did not have a pie pan, used a 9 in glass pan. I love, love, love sweetened condensed milk ( I have been known to lick the can...lol) and this pie was just perfect for me. I made it in the microwave in my 4c pyrex cup... so easy to mix it all up and only one cup to clean! I cooked it on HIGH on 2 min increments, whipping after each, for a total of 6 or 8 minutes... My BF loves chocolate cream pie using this recipe but adding cocoa powder... but my favorite has to be the vanilla version. I also chose to serve it with whipped cream... So sweet, milky, and delicious! Thanks for posting!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.