Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Not sure where I found this recipe, but it's a simple and quick week night entree.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 6 fresh tuna fillets, 1/2-3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Load grill with charcoal to make very hot fire.
- Set cast iron skillet on grill.
- Let cast-iron skillet get very hot before adding ingredients.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a dish.
- Dip fish into melted butter and coat well.
- Cover fillets with seasoning and press into fillet with palm of hand.
- Place into hot skillet and pour 1 teaspoon butter on top of.
- Cook, (uncovered) about 2 minutes until charred.
- Turn and cook until done.
- Serve hot with melted butter.
- Caution: cook outdoors due to smoke.