This is a Paula Dean recipe and believe it's the very one that's served at her restaurant, Lady and Sons. The mango salsa is optional, but boy-oh-boy is it good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 (10 ounce) tilapia fillets
- cilantro-lime mayonnaise, recipe follows
- mango salsa, recipe follows
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 French baguettes, split buttered and toasted
- 1Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 2In a shallow dish, combine the paprika, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper.
- 3Pour the melted butter in another shallow dish.
- 4Dip the fish fillets in the melted butter, then coat with the seasoning mixture. Cook the prepared fish, in batches if necessary, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 5Spread the Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise evenly over the toasted buns. Place the blackened fish on the bottom half of the bun, top with Mango Salsa, and cover with the top half of the bun.
- 6For the Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and chill.
- 7For the Mango Salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, tossing gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Tilapia Sandwiches With Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1058.0
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 218.0 mg
- Sodium 1962.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 66.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: