Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt; toss with blackberries.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry.
- Add black- berry mixture.
- Adjust top crust; cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
A nice pie! I used a single crust with a crumble on the top. Crumble mixture was 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 4 TB Butter and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Served with high quality vanilla ice cream, dollop of whipped cream and a smile. We were in sugar coma the rest of the evening.
* the filling was a bit to loose for me, but I just topped some of the ice cream with it and made a nice presentation.
Real good recipe! I wouldn't change a thing! easy to prepare. Everybody at work gobbled up a whole pie in about 20 minutes! One guy had 3 pieces back-to-back he loved it so much!
We really liked this recipe. We are not very experienced bakers but this pie turned out GREAT - so simple. It was a little bit watery, so maybe next time we will add more cornstarch. Thanks!