Apple Crisp III
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, -- cored and sliced
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with non-stick butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Mix to combine. Using a pastry cutter, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Place sliced apples in an even layer over the bottom of the prepared pan and sprinkle with salt and cinnamon to taste. Top apple slices with oatmeal mixture and another dash of cinnamon.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Serving Ideas : Serve warm with ice cream or cold cut into large squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is very good and one that I use all the time. I just have one comment though on the sugar that it calls for: three cups of sugar is REALLY a lot. I cut down to one cup of white and one cup of brown and that's STILL a lot (for me and my company's taste). Just a thought to maybe cut back a tad on the sugar... but again, excellent recipe and great for company. Thanks for posting it!