I loved my grandmother's blackberry cobbler. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to get her recipe. This is a recipe I got from Southern Living Magazine and modified to my taste. It is wonderful!
- Stir together the sugar, flour, butter and vanilla.
- Gently stir in blackberries.
- Spoon blackberry mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Cut the piecrust into strips and arrange on top of blackberry mixture.
- Mix together the egg white and water.
- Brush the pie crust strips with this egg wash.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and blackberries are bubbly.