Recipe by Chef Decadent1
This salad is all about the tastes of summer. We love enjoying this salad on the patio. It consists of butter lettuce, crisp red peppers, and baby potatoes from the market and is topped with chicken strips. It is then draped with a fabulous tangy, creamy dressing. This salad will tempt anyones tastebuds! Serve with some nice fresh french bread from the bread market and some nice Riesling..... gets your tastebuds going.
Top Review by elliesstuff
I loved the composed salads in France and this reminded me of them. It was delicious and so easy. It leaves itself open to all kinds of additions so since I had bought golden and candy striped beets at the Farmers' Market which I had roasted with olive oil and rosemary, this was added to the plate. I poached the chicken breasts because it was too hot to roast them in the oven. The dressing was delicious also. Thank you.
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 3 cups butter lettuce
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 2 chicken breast with steak spice and bake in 350 oven approximately 40 minutes. Cool and cut in strips for salad. In the meantime boil new baby potatoes in water until soft. Cool baby potatoes and chicken in fridge.
- Dressing: Combine sour cream, white wine vinegar(no substitutes),mayonnaise, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and minced garlic in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Arrange plates with butter lettuce, baby potatoes cut in half, strips of red pepper, strips of chicken and drizzle dressing over top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!