Zippy Egg Salad
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra-hot prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (you can use paprika to tone it down a bit)
- With an egg slicer, slice eggs into rounds and place in a bowl.
- Fold in remaining ingredients until well combined. If needed, add more mayo until desired consistancy. Adjust flavors as desired.
- Great on whole wheat or egg bread with lettuce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A wonderfully fragrant egg salad that boasts the *zippy* and is packed full of delicious flavors. I halved this easily and did reduce the mayonnaise to one tablespoon. The horseradish and the cayenne are a terrific addition to this. I mashed the yellow up a bit, and then added the white in as chunks. Just delightful and will continue to add these snazzy additions. Thanks Halcyon Eve! Made for *I Recommend* tag game. March 2009.
see 1 more reviews