Panera Bread's Bistro Steak Salad
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 2 cups greens
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 ounces balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 ounce gorgonzola
- 1⁄8 cup walnuts
- 2 ounces steak (sliced thin and seasoned or you can omit for a vegetarian version)
- Grill the seasoned steak filets.
- Combine the field greens and romaine; add the dressing and toss with tongs. Mound the lettuce mixture on a serving plate.
- Evenly distribute the walnuts over the top of the lettuce; sprinkle Gorgonzola evenly over the salad.
- Place the seasoned steak filets on top.
- Serve with warm bread.
I really like this quick and easy, and very delicious salad. I used romaine and spinach for the greens, pecans and grated parmesan as I don't really care for gorgonzola. So easy to make ~ put the greens together while the steak was grilling. Will definitely make this often over the summer months, when we eat a lot of grilled meats and salads due to the heat. Thanks for posting. Made for ZAAR COOKBOOK Tag, May 2010!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love finding yummy, healthy recipes (and some that are just yummy :). DH & I love ethnic foods and our favorite recipes reflect this. I like trying new recipes but I am still quite a novice (as is reflected by my "public name"). I also am having fun trying to find food that pleases both my tastes and my 20-month old DDs taste (tough job!)