Fresh Seared Tuna Steak Salad
A different take on fresh tuna salads
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces tuna steaks
- 6 cups leafy greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- In a skillet or grill pan sprayed with cooking spray, cook tuna over medium high heat for about 5 mnutes, turning once, or until medium rare. Set aside.
- To make salad; In a serving bowl, toss lettuce, tomatoes, onion s and olives.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, combine dressing ingedients, reserving 1 tsp sesame seeds.
- Slice tuna thinly; place over top of salad. Pour dressing over; toss gently. Sprinkle with cilantro and remaining sesame seeds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION