Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A rich, cheesy biscuit that is good with soup, chilli, or stew. Medium cheese can be used, but sharp cheese will give more flavour.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Measure first 4 ingredients into bowl.
- Add grated cheese.
- Add cooking oil and milk.
- Stir to form a soft ball of dough.
- Add more milk if needed to make dough soft.
- Turn out on lightly floured board and knead gently 8-10 times.
- Roll to 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- Cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet close together for moist sides or 1 inch apart for crisp sides.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve plain or with butter.
Really easy & good!
I have a similar recipe from Company's Coming (calls for only 1 C cheese) that I make often. We love these biscuits with soup. They are so simple and quick to make.