1/11 Photos of Best Blueberry Crisp
This is wonderful served warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream --- you will love this crisp!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart fresh blueberries (about 4 cups you can use more blueberries if desired I most always do!)
- 3/4 cup sugar (or (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup regular oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Prepare an 11 x 7-inch baking dish (can use a 13 x 9-inch but it will not be as high).
- 3Spread the blueberries in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- 4In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice; cook and stir until thick and clear, then add in the vanilla.
- 5Pour over, then gently stir in the cooked mixture with the blueberries.
- 6In a bowl combine the flour with oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 7Add in the melted butter; mix until crumbly (I start mixing with a spoon then finish mixing with my hands).
- 8Sprinkle over the top of blueberries (there will be a couple of empty spots that is okay, there may seem like a lot of crumble but it will settle when baking).
- 9Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until blueberry mixture bubbles and the topping is brown.
- 10Serve with ice cream-- enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Blueberry Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.1
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 111.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 52.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g