This is wonderful served warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream --- you will love this crisp!
Make and share this Best Blueberry Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart fresh blueberries (about 4 cups you can use more blueberries if desired I most always do!)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup regular oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 11 x 7-inch baking dish (can use a 13 x 9-inch but it will not be as high).
- Spread the blueberries in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice; cook and stir until thick and clear, then add in the vanilla.
- Pour over, then gently stir in the cooked mixture with the blueberries.
- In a bowl combine the flour with oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add in the melted butter; mix until crumbly (I start mixing with a spoon then finish mixing with my hands).
- Sprinkle over the top of blueberries (there will be a couple of empty spots that is okay, there may seem like a lot of crumble but it will settle when baking).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until blueberry mixture bubbles and the topping is brown.
- Serve with ice cream-- enjoy!