Recipe by F-16 momma
What else needs to be said? Great with chili, beer cheese soup, tortilla soup, or as a morning after breakfast...if you're up for it.
Top Review by GaylaJ
These were great with our Recipe #139511. I used regular sharp cheddar, rather than low fat, and doubled the recipe so I'd have extras in the freezer to look forward to later. Thanks for posting!
- 236.59 ml flour
- 1 low-fat cheddar cheese
- 19.71 ml sugar
- 6.16 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 158.51 ml beer
- 1 egg (beaten)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out 2/3 cup beer-drink rest.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 6 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup& level off.
- Combine flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Add beer and egg, and stir into dry mixture until just moistened.
- Divide evenly into muffin cups (about 3/4 full).
- Bake 17-22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Best served warm-- great with chili or tortilla soup.