Prep 8 mins
Cook 17 mins
What else needs to be said? Great with chili, beer cheese soup, tortilla soup, or as a morning after breakfast...if you're up for it.
- Measure out 2/3 cup beer-drink rest.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 6 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup& level off.
- Combine flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Add beer and egg, and stir into dry mixture until just moistened.
- Divide evenly into muffin cups (about 3/4 full).
- Bake 17-22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Best served warm-- great with chili or tortilla soup.
These were great with our Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup. I used regular sharp cheddar, rather than low fat, and doubled the recipe so I'd have extras in the freezer to look forward to later. Thanks for posting!
I made these today but after mixing the batter, realized I didnt have a loaf pan. No problem, asked some zaar friends and made it in my 9x5 loaf pan. A bit flat but didnt really effect the flavor. Interesting bread! Thanks :)
Tonight I made a pot of thick chili, placed it in a round casserole cooker. Then I made a double batch of the muffin batter, and poured it over the chili.Bake time took aproximately 45 minutes, but it was worth the wait! Turned out wonderful. Thanks for the recipe, I'll use it again and again!