Recipe by Sue Lau
Easy casserole to start on top of the stove and pop into the oven. If you don't have a oven-safe skillet, you can also start off by cooking your beef in the microwave in a casserole dish.
Top Review by mnrmontanez
It had alot of flavor but I would have baked the bisquits on the side next time the were soggy on the bottom. I used frozen green beans so the salt was fine. It was easy and tasted just as good the next day. Thanks
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in an ovenproof skillet.
- Drain fat.
- Add green beans, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper, stirring to mix.
- Simmer meat mixture for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir cheese into meat sauce.
- Separate biscuits, and cut a hole in the center of each.
- Form biscuits to look like a donut, and place biscuits in a ring around the edges of the skillet, and brush the tops with melted butter.
- Sprinkle meat sauce with sesame seeds before baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden.