Recipe by I'mPat
Based on a recipe from A-Z of Asian Ingredients, pretty well one pot cooking.
Top Review by katew
Pat - I used this dish as inspiration and a way to use up leftover vegies. I did use tuna instead of meat but followed the method adding a little extra soy after reading other reviews. I have not used rice noodles before and really loved them.
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 400 g rice noodles
- 800 g rump steak (meat only weight)
- 4 teaspoons garlic (minced, 4-6 cloves)
- 1 cup broccoli (or 400 grams chinese broccoli cut into 3cm lengths)
- 1 carrot (large peeled and julienned)
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 large red fresh chili pepper (red large, deseeded and cut into strips)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Give vegetables a light steam or microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour boiling water over noodles, separate them and once softened drain and set aside.
- Cut fat of steak (I used 1.1k to get 800 grams), gently pound out and cut into small squares.
- Heat the wok over high heat, add 1 tablespoon and cook the beef in batches until brown (you may need to add more oil as cooking) and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining oil and garlic and cook for 30 seconds and then add the noodles, chilli, soy sauce and oyster sauce and stire fry for 2 minutes.
- Return beef to the wok and add the vegetables and cook to all is heated through.