Recipe by Jewelies
Tasty tomato butter sauce served over beef patties.
Top Review by Sheynath
I am only rating the sauce as it was served over plain hamburger patties, and also with roast beef. I loved the flavors in the sauce, it accented the beef nicely. Served over ground beef patties (sans rice) one night, then a few nights later the remainder was used as a sauce over slices of roast beef.
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
Tomato Spice Butter
- 1 tablespoon oil, extra
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (440 g) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 60 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef in large bowl with rice and curry powder.
- Roll mixture into eight equal patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and drain well, keep warm.
- Heat extra oil in skillet, add onion, garlic and ginger, stir-fry for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add cumin, coriander, mustard, sugar, tomato paste, undrained tomatoes and water, bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Remove from heat, pour into blender or processor and blend until smooth.
- Add butter and blend until combined, pour over patties to serve.