Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was a great appetizer served to us at a 50th wedding anniversary party. Afterwards, I just couldn't stop thinking about these treats! Got the recipe from the country club that served them and here it is, just in time for the holidays. Everything can be done ahead of time - a plus! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil.
- Place bread, oiled side up, on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake 8 minutes more.
- Cool bread and store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Allow roasted beef to cool completely and slice very thin.
- This can be done a day ahead.
- In a bowl, combine horseradish sauce, mustard and thyme.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve, spread crostini with horseradish mixture, top with a tomato slice, and then a slice of beef.
- Top with a small dollop of the horseradish mixture, and garnish with radish slices.
This was a great addition to our "Wine & Tapas" party! I omitted the radishes and instead placed a fresh spinach leaf on each baguette, then the sauce, and slice of beef, and topped with a cherry tomatoe...all secured with a fancy toothpick! The flavors went very well together!