Chicken and Potato Florentine Soup (Olive Garden)
photo by Tona C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (28 ounce) cans water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 10 ounces shredded carrots
- 6 medium sliced potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- Simmer first 6 ingredients until chicken breasts are tender; remove meat and let cool; drain the solids from the broth and put clear liquid back into the soup pot; chop up chicken into bite size chunks and put back into the broth.
- Add next 10 ingredients to the soup pot and simmer for 45-60 minutes. The potatoes should be fork tender but not mushy.
- Add the fresh spinach and stir; let it wilt into the soup for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and the grated mozzarella to the soup pot. Stir frequently until the cheese melts. Be careful that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Ladle into bowls; serve with crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was the inspiration for dinner tonight. I cooked the onion, celery and canned carrots just till tender. I added two pints of home-made Italian sauce, 2 cubes of chicken bouillon, 2 cups of water and the water from the canned carrots. I also added a small peeled and chopped apple. I let this simmer then used my immersion blender and blended it all up. I then added two boiled and chopped chicken breasts, cream cheese and the spinach. I also topped this with jack cheese. Thanks for a great dinner the family enjoyed.