Recipe by CaribbeanQueen
This is an easy and time saving recipe. If you don't have a pressure cooker, this adapts well to the stove top or the crock pot. I have let this simmer all day in a crock pot and the results are great. Make this as mild or spicy to suit your own tastes. My house? Spice rules!
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
WHEW! This was some SPICY stuff... it is a good thing we love spicy things, bad that our exchange student doesn't. haha We had rice and black beans to go with this, and it was a great part of our meal... Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, trimmed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -20 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (teasing about 20!)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano, Mexican is best
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -10 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, obviously to suit your own taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, use juice also
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- chopped jalapeno
- chopped onion
- snipped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In 8-quart pressure cooker:.
- Heat oil.
- Brown meat in small batches.
- Add all meat and the remaining ingredients to the cooker.
- Attach lid, bring to 15lbs of pressure.
- Cook for 35 - 40 minutes.
- If it cooks longer, you won't hurt it.
- Enjoy with toppings of choice.