3 hrs 15 mins
My sisters recipe for Beef & Guinness Pie...a real pleaser!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the beef shins in some oil.
- 2Put beef shins, carrots, celery, leek, onion and garlic into a casserole dish. Pour can of guinness over ingredients, cover and bake in oven at 200 degrees celcius for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir through. Put back in oven for a further 45 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven, remove rosemary stick and top pie with 2 layers of puff pastry and put back in oven and cook for a further 45 minutes.
- 5Can be served as is or with creamy mashed potato.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Guinness Pie
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 913.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black currant jam