Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My sisters recipe for Beef & Guinness Pie...a real pleaser!
- 6 beef shins
- 3 carrots, chopped chunky
- 2 celery, chopped chunky
- 1 leek, chopped chunky
- 1 onion, chopped chunky
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Guinness stout, can
- 1 cup gravy
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 teaspoons black currant jam (or any jam)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 stick fresh rosemary
- Brown the beef shins in some oil.
- Put beef shins, carrots, celery, leek, onion and garlic into a casserole dish. Pour can of guinness over ingredients, cover and bake in oven at 200 degrees celcius for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir through. Put back in oven for a further 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove rosemary stick and top pie with 2 layers of puff pastry and put back in oven and cook for a further 45 minutes.
- Can be served as is or with creamy mashed potato.