Easy Beef and Guinness Pie
This recipe came from Campbell's soup and even though its not the real thing its a great and easy recipe for a cold winters night. I serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables, but would be just as great served on its own.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup Guinness stout or 1/2 cup beer
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 ml beef stock
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC. Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add mince, onion & carrotand cook for 5 mins or until meat has browned.
- Add peas, Worcestershire sauce & flour and cook for for 1 min, stirring.
- Add Guinness and stock, bring to the boil, stirring, and cook for 5 minutes until just thickened.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Divide mince between four 2-cup capacity ovenproof dishes.
- Cut pastry into circle to overlap ramekins & place on top of each pie.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden.
- Serve with mashed potatoes & vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Nice and easy to put together and the stout wasn't over powering just very subtle in flavour. I made it as a whole pie (and think I could have served up to 5 or 6) - for 3 I used just over half. Served with mashed potato and steamed vegetables. Will definately trying again and maybe experimenting with some other vegetables (mushrooms or corn kernels) and maybe even add some crispy bacon. Thank you Tisme, made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.