Healthy Steak and Guinness Pie
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- HEAT oil in frying pan and cook chopped carrot,diced onion, sliced mushroom, sliced celery, sage until soft;.
- Transfer to casserole dish.
- Cut beef into 1 - 2 inch pieces.
- COAT beef in flour and add to fry pan; add extra oil if needed; BROWN.
- ADD to casserole dish.
- COMBINE beef stock and guinness; add to casserole dish; salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours on 150 degrees; stir occasionally.
- TRANSFER cooked meat and vegetables to either 1 pie dish or individual ramekin dishes; TOP with puff pastry; brush with egg wash or milk.
- Piece puff pastry with fork and cook for approximately 25 minutes until golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>G'day! I'm 51, married, born and bred in NY, am now an Aussie who calls Australia home! I love animals, nature, reading, entering competitions and consider myself S-P-O-N-T-A-N-E-O-U-S and B-U-B-B-L-Y in my personality! I am quite FASCINATED with people and things U-N-I-Q-U-E, JUST like ME! I am VERY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about cooking and trying recipes from all world cusines! I LOVE to eat and enjoy our South Australian red wine! :)I have started a Home Cook blog which I am EXTREMELY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about called What's On The List? and I hope to be able to inspire people around the world one recipe and one event at a time too! http://whatsonthelist.net So come on over and please let me know what you think too!WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!</p>