Recipe by Karen in MA
like Bloody Caesar smoothie
Top Review by Chef Regina V. Smith
This was very good, but the instructions are confusing, so I can't rate it any higher than a 3. The recipe says it serves 4, but it also says to divide between 2 glasses, 2 lime wedges, to pepperoncini peppers, etc. If you are serving this for 2 you end up with a couple of pretty potent Caesars at 3 oz each! This recipe needs a little bit of revision and clarification, but the flavours are just different enough from a regular Caesar that I think it deserves to be tinkered with.
- 4 fire-roasted tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 cup Clamato juice
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce (big splashes)
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (big splashes)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small store-bought pickled pepperoncini peppers
- 2 lime wedges
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- DIRECTIONS for Fire Roasted Tomatoes:.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 400°).
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes in Bonedust Seasoning and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Place tomatoes on grill, skin side down, and roast for 10 minutes, or until skins are charred and blistered. Remove from grill and cool.
- DIRECTIONS for Bloody Caesar:.
- In a blender, combine fire-roasted tomatoes, vodka, Jack Daniel's, Clamato juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces, and horseradish. Blend thoroughly; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour enough Bonedust Seasoning into a saucer to cover the surface. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each of two large glasses and dip rims into Bonedust Seasoning.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour blended mixture into glasses.
- Garnish each with a skewered pepperoncini and a wedge of lime.