Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The French Slow Cooker
Make and share this Bargemen's Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil
- 4 lbs boneless beef chuck, well trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Oil the insert of a large slow cooker. In a large bowl, toss meat with flour and salt and pepper to taste. Scatter half the onions in the slow cooker. Add half the meat. Add remaining onions and top with remaining meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- In a food processor or blender, chop anchovies, garlic and parsley very fine. Add mustard and vinegar and pulse until just blended.
- Skim the fat off the stew. Stir in anchovy mixture. Taste for seasoning and serve.