Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A delicious family meal, with round steak and a homemade barbecue sauce.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb round steak, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut round steaks into crosswise slices about 1/2 inch wide.
- Heat oil; brown steak on all sides.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove meat to a baking dish; set aside.
- Pour off fat, then place remaining ingredients in skillet; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour over steak, cover tightly with foil, and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and a salad.
- Barbecue round steak recipe serves 4 to 6.
Very flavorful, but seemed very salty. I used apple cider vinegar. Quick and tasty!
Made this tonight and I could not wait to rate it. This is an awsome receipe. Made it just like the recipe stated. Abosolutly awsome. Had it with rice.
This was nice. I don't know if it was because I used a very thin cut of round steak or not but my cooking times were much less than the recipe stated. I cooked it covered for about 45 minutes and then uncovered for about 10 -15 minutes. I wasn't sure what type of vinegar to use. I used cider vinegar.