Barbecued Flank Steak
photo by Hey Jude
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- For marinade: mix all ingredients in processor or blender.
- Place steak in baking dish and pour marinade over.
- Cover and chill overnight, turning once.
- Prepare barbecue grill or preheat broiler.
- Cook steak 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this in the broiler, and now I'm looking forward to doing it on the grill too! This is an excellent marinade, the ginger gives a nice taste boost. Our steak was done rare in the time stated for cooking, perfect! Very easy to make, would be a great recipe to use for a summer gathering of friends. Thanks Ellie, I will make this one a lot!!
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>