Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
the most banana-y banana muffins i've ever had -- and the most tasty! particularly yummy with the topping from Geema's Banana Streusel Muffins (Banana Streusel Muffins).
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- walnuts, chopped (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin tins.
- Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. (I sift these together to make for a fluffier muffin, but it is not necessary).
- Mix wet and dry ingredients all together until just mixed. Being careful not to over-stir!
- Fold in walnuts or chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour or scoop batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in tins, then remove carefully to a rack to cool completely.
These muffins are moist and have a great taste of banana. I used the optional chocolate chips. Thanks ellie :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
Tasty! Lots of banana flavour.
Good recipe! Nice flavour and very simple to make. I got 7 big muffins from this recipe and they were gone very fast! :) Next time I shoud double it.