Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yum! This is the ultimate sticky dessert. The banana and caramel combo is particularly good.
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 125 g white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 200 ml milk
- 85 g unsalted butter, melted,plus extra for greasing
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g light muscovado sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180*C.
- Sift the flour into a bowl with the sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add the banana, milk, butter, egg and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 1.
- 5 litre baking dish.
- To make the sauce, put the light muscovado sugar, golden syrup and 250 ml water in a small pan and bring to the boil.
- Pour the boiling mixture carefully over the pudding.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until it springs back when lightly pressed.
- Vanilla ice cream is just right with this hot sticky pudding.
Why can't we have 6 stars? ... Fantastic, great stuff. Served it HOT in a bowl with two scoops of vanilla ice cream and the carmal spooned over everything, WOW! I used dark brown suger for the Muscovado sugar and a 50 50 mix of honey and clear corn syrup for the Golden Syrup. AND I got to use my new digital kitchen scale. Other conversions were: butter is about one stick less three Tablespoons and used one cup of milk. 180 degrees C is 350 F
say again....can we not give 6 stars--delicious, not as rich as I expected,just sweet enough..easy to prepare (after you do conversions)Ii fed 8 guests with it and it would have fed probably 6 fully! definitely serve warm, ice cream optional!
Fantastic, the boys loved it. I used 2 tbs honey and 2 tbs of maple syrup instead of the golden syrup. I was really surprised that you could still taste the banana in the cake. Will make again for sure, but serve smaller portions next time.