Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great recipe from Southern Living.
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- To make the streusel - Stir together brown sugar, flour, and butter until crumbly, using a fork. Stir in oats and pecans. Set aside.
- To make bread pudding - Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients just until blended; whisk in melted butter. Pour batter into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with banana slices, and sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with ice cream.
This is a delicious treat. Ate without ice cream...imagine it even better with... <br/>I used an 11 x7 pan as directed and it overfilled. Would use a 9 x 13 next time.