Recipe by DeSouter
This super tasty recipe came from a co-worker who's wealthy family always made sure to serve this at their fancy summer parties. It is a snap to put together, making it perfect for families who want a meal in a hurry, or the host of party who wants something spectacular that won't keep them in the kitchen instead of with their guests. Either way, you will get the same rave reviews that I have over the years.
Top Review by Paris D
This was very good. We added crumbled feta cheese.
Take 2: We just made this again and it was DELICIOUS! This time, we added chunks of chicken that were dredged through a flour mixture with thyme, dried mustard, paprika, salt and pepper, and then sauteed. SO GOOD!!!
- 453.59 g any type pasta, your preference
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4-6 garden fresh tomatoes, diced
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 59.14 ml good balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 4.92 ml oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep the tomatoes, garlic, etc-- before boiling the pasta.
- Boil pasta while making the rest of the dish.
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and cover, simmering for 7-10 minutes with the balsamic vinegar and seasonings until tomatoes fall apart.
- Cut basil leaves and toss all ingredients together, including Parmesan cheese.
- Serve additional Parmesan on the side, if desired.