Tomato-Basil Pasta Salad
photo by Tisme
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces fusilli or 12 ounces your favorite pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, cut into thin strips
- Put tomatoes, onion, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano in a large bowl; toss.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes or until tomatoes release their juices, tossing occasionally.
- Cook pasta as package directs.
- Drain and add to bowl with tomatoes; lightly toss.
- Let come to room temperature.
- Add basil; toss.
- Serve or refrigerate up to 1 day.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a delicious pasta salad. It is simple and I appreciate how the star ingredients are able to shine through. Incidentally, this is a wonderful use for those garden tomatoes and basil. The dressing is simple and pure- tasting. I really love the hint of oregano. ~Made for the Aussie/NZ September Swap~
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!