This super tasty recipe came from a co-worker who's wealthy family always made sure to serve this at their fancy summer parties. It is a snap to put together, making it perfect for families who want a meal in a hurry, or the host of party who wants something spectacular that won't keep them in the kitchen instead of with their guests. Either way, you will get the same rave reviews that I have over the years.
- Prep the tomatoes, garlic, etc-- before boiling the pasta.
- Boil pasta while making the rest of the dish.
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and cover, simmering for 7-10 minutes with the balsamic vinegar and seasonings until tomatoes fall apart.
- Cut basil leaves and toss all ingredients together, including Parmesan cheese.
- Serve additional Parmesan on the side, if desired.