This super tasty recipe came from a co-worker who's wealthy family always made sure to serve this at their fancy summer parties. It is a snap to put together, making it perfect for families who want a meal in a hurry, or the host of party who wants something spectacular that won't keep them in the kitchen instead of with their guests. Either way, you will get the same rave reviews that I have over the years.
- Prep the tomatoes, garlic, etc-- before boiling the pasta.
- Boil pasta while making the rest of the dish.
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and cover, simmering for 7-10 minutes with the balsamic vinegar and seasonings until tomatoes fall apart.
- Cut basil leaves and toss all ingredients together, including Parmesan cheese.
- Serve additional Parmesan on the side, if desired.
This recipe reduced to two servings very easily(FYI 1/16 cup = 1 Tbsp).I added half a grilled chicken breast to one serving, and some mozzarella on top of both. Bowtie pasta worked well, and garden fresh tomatoes are ideal! Very smooth taste, but I could have used a little more of a kick. Maybe more garlic next time... Really good combination of flavors. Thanks
Amazing! I'd never thought of using balsamic for a sauce before but this was incredible. Thanks for sharing.
Loved this quick and easy pasta sauce using tomatoes , oregano and basil straight from the garden, i popped in 2 more garlic cloves and a little red pepper as DH likes a little spice, will definately make this again!!