Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This super tasty recipe came from a co-worker who's wealthy family always made sure to serve this at their fancy summer parties. It is a snap to put together, making it perfect for families who want a meal in a hurry, or the host of party who wants something spectacular that won't keep them in the kitchen instead of with their guests. Either way, you will get the same rave reviews that I have over the years.
- 1 lb any type pasta, your preference
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 -6 garden fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Prep the tomatoes, garlic, etc-- before boiling the pasta.
- Boil pasta while making the rest of the dish.
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and cover, simmering for 7-10 minutes with the balsamic vinegar and seasonings until tomatoes fall apart.
- Cut basil leaves and toss all ingredients together, including Parmesan cheese.
- Serve additional Parmesan on the side, if desired.
This was very good. We added crumbled feta cheese.
Take 2: We just made this again and it was DELICIOUS! This time, we added chunks of chicken that were dredged through a flour mixture with thyme, dried mustard, paprika, salt and pepper, and then sauteed. SO GOOD!!!
Found this recipe while I was trying to find a way to use up my tomatoes and basil. Great dish. Very simple to make and very tasty. I reserved the pasta water and added about a ladle full when combining the pasta to the sauce.
This recipe reduced to two servings very easily(FYI 1/16 cup = 1 Tbsp).I added half a grilled chicken breast to one serving, and some mozzarella on top of both. Bowtie pasta worked well, and garden fresh tomatoes are ideal! Very smooth taste, but I could have used a little more of a kick. Maybe more garlic next time... Really good combination of flavors. Thanks