1/2 Photos of Balsamic Chicken With Garlic Couscous
From Donna Hay's "Flavours"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour over the combined vinegar, chicken stock, sugar and garlic.
- 2Let marinate at least 10 minutes per side.
- 3To make couscous: pour boiling stock over couscous in a large bowl.
- 4Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to stand for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 5Heat butter or margarine over medium-low heat and saute garlic and thyme for about 3 minutes (garlic should be soft but not brown).
- 6Add the couscous to the pan and stir for 3 minutes.
- 7To cook the chicken, preheat an oiled frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 8Cook chicken about 4 minutes per side.
- 9Add the marinade to the pan and cook for an additional 1 minute per side or until the chicken is cooked through and the marinade has thickened.
- 10Place couscous and top with chicken and sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken With Garlic Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.2
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 440.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 43.2 g