Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Donna Hay's "Flavours"
Make and share this Balsamic Chicken With Garlic Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 2 1⁄4 cups boiling chicken stock
- 2 ounces butter (I use a non dairy margarine)
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour over the combined vinegar, chicken stock, sugar and garlic.
- Let marinate at least 10 minutes per side.
- To make couscous: pour boiling stock over couscous in a large bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to stand for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Heat butter or margarine over medium-low heat and saute garlic and thyme for about 3 minutes (garlic should be soft but not brown).
- Add the couscous to the pan and stir for 3 minutes.
- To cook the chicken, preheat an oiled frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken about 4 minutes per side.
- Add the marinade to the pan and cook for an additional 1 minute per side or until the chicken is cooked through and the marinade has thickened.
- Place couscous and top with chicken and sauce.
Made some changes (used way less sugar and cooked barley in chicken broth instead of using couscous) but it turned out to be DELICIOUS! What a great recipe, thanks!
We had this for supper last night and it was wonderful. The glaze for the chicken thickened up nicely and was delicious poured over the couscous. The couscous itself was really good also. This is such a simple recipe to prepare and takes no time at all, its great for those nights of football practice when we get home later. Thanks for the recipe, we will use this alot as we all loved it.
Delicious! I didn't change a thing! I will be making this again! Thanks, Miraklegirl!