From Donna Hay's "Flavours"
Make and share this Balsamic Chicken With Garlic Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour over the combined vinegar, chicken stock, sugar and garlic.
- Let marinate at least 10 minutes per side.
- To make couscous: pour boiling stock over couscous in a large bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to stand for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Heat butter or margarine over medium-low heat and saute garlic and thyme for about 3 minutes (garlic should be soft but not brown).
- Add the couscous to the pan and stir for 3 minutes.
- To cook the chicken, preheat an oiled frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken about 4 minutes per side.
- Add the marinade to the pan and cook for an additional 1 minute per side or until the chicken is cooked through and the marinade has thickened.
- Place couscous and top with chicken and sauce.