Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Libby's old newspaper clipping. It said if the trout is cooked this way, the bones would be soft like canned salmon. I don't know that this is true since I haven't tried it yet.
- Clean trout.
- Sprinkle inside with salt pepper.
- Place 6 strips of bacon on bottom of pan.
- Place fish on top of bacon.
- Lay 6 strips of bacon over the fish.
- Put a cover on the dish and bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 hours.
- At the end the bones will be soft like canned salmon. A 2 lb. fish requires only 3 hours baking.
Good way to bake trout, however the bones on my fish were not soft.
Just like eating canned sardines! It's a great way to eat trout (or any smaller fish, I sure) without having to worry about picking the bones out. I've used the 6 hour, 250 degree cooking setting for a variety of trout recipes all with the same result. It's now as enjoyable to EAT trout, as it is to catch them (well, almost).
Absolutely wonderful. I substituted Sea Salt for regular salt.