Swiss Baked Trout
Fom Field and Stream -- April 1983
- Ready In:
- 4 -9 inches trout, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth or 1/4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease shallow baking pan.
- Mix onion, parsley and mushrooms. Spread out in bottom of baking pan.
- Salt and pepper trout, inside and out.
- Lay trout on top of vegetables.
- Pour 1/4 cup of butter over trout and cover with baking pan with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle bread crumbs, swiss cheese on top.
- Pour the other 1/4 cup of butter and dry vermouth over bread crumbs and swiss cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover with foil again and place in oven and bake another 10 minutes.
- If you would like to brown the crumbs, place under broiler for a few seconds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yummy fish recipe! My mom gave me some trout that I've had in my freezer, so I pulled it out to make this recipe. Love mushrooms, and really enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7. Review modified to correct strange symbols inserted due to cutting and pasting from word.....apostrophes showed up as a bunch of numbers and symbols.