1/1 Photo of Baked Stuffed Shrimp with Crabmeat Stuffing
1 hr 25 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This dish is part of our family Christmas Eve celebration every year. I love baked stuffed shrimp, but so many restaurants here prepare their shrimp piled high with Ritz crackers drenched in butter. I think the crabmeat stuffing adds somethng a bit more special. Prep time includes the stuffing's cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, shells removed (or 2 cans of canned crabmeat if fresh isn't available)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning (or to taste) (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup buttery cracker, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs u- 12 shrimp or 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, shelled,deveined,and butterflied
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line your baking dish with foil, and butter or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- 3Place the crabmeat in a large bowl and season with the Cajun Seasoning, Old Bay or salt and pepper, (your choice).
- 4Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5In your fry pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat.
- 6Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 7Add the parsley and the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 8Remove from heat and let cool.
- 9Add the cooled vegetables to the crabmeat and toss to combine.
- 10Add the mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce and stir gently.
- 11Add 1 cup of cracker crumbs, salt and pepper to taste, and stir gently, being careful not to break up the crabmeat.
- 12Spoon the crabmeat stuffing evenly into each shrimp (about 2 Tbsp), and place, stuffed sides up, in your baking dish.
- 13Drizzle with the remaining melted butter.
- 14Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Shrimp with Crabmeat Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (1158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 235.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
u- 12 shrimp