1/1 Photo of Baked Ratatouille
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From Gourmet magazine. Posted for Zaar World Tour II
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large eggplant, diced (unpeeled)
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces diced feta cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy, large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic; stir 1 minute.
- 3Add eggplant, green bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, zucchini and basil. Saute for 5 minutes.
- 4Cover and simmer until all vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- 5Uncover pot and simmer until juice thickens, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 6Mix in vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Spread in 9-inch pie dish.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
- 9Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (1810 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g