Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 7 medium red potatoes, about 3 pounds
- 2 cups light cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces fat free ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Coat potatoes with vegetable cooking spray; pierce several times with a fork.
- Bake at 400 for 45-minutes or until tender.
- Cool and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups cheese, dressing and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add potatoes, tossing gently.
- Sprinkle with bacon and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
A divine potato salad, that reminds me of the old "German potato salad" served warm. The use of the all the ingredients is a classic, and we totally loved this. I used regular Ranch dressing, as this is what we had, but followed the recipe to a tee. This is easily halved, and gets completely eaten, (wish I made more!) I threw a couple of red pepper flakes and fresh chives on the top, and this was great! Thank you, Recipenut! March 2009.
1) Icelanders love potato salad, but they do not make it. They buy it ready-made in plastic tubs, it swims in mayo & nearly makes me gag. 2) I rarely make new potato salad recipes because they always compare unfavorably w/what Mom made for us while growing up. Those are the reasons I am so glad I found this recipe. It is an easy-fix, is low-cal & low-fat, is full of flavor & texture, + it is lightly & ideally moistened w/the salad dressing. This is a great find for us. Thx for sharing your recipe.