Expat in Holland's Note:
This is a great recipe for a do ahead breakfast when you have company. It is easy to put together the night before. Just bake the morning of while you prepare the rest of breakfast. I find a nice fruit plate and and crisp fried bacon top off a lovely meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay french bread slices, in single layer in large tupperware. (or several sealable containers).
- 2In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, grand marnier, and salt. Wisk well.
- 3Pour egg mixture over bread. Turning each piece of bread to coat well. Seal and place in refridgerator over night.
- 4In the morning, generously butter two baking sheets with edges.
- 5Place bread slices carefully on baking sheets, seperating them by 2 inches. Discard any unabsorbed liquid.
- 6Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 10minutes. Turn bread slices over and bake another 5-7 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and serve with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Overnight French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.1
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 288.4 mg
- Sodium 970.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: