Baked Overnight French Toast
- Ready In:
- Spread butter over bottom of heavy large baking pan with 1 inch sides.
- Arrange bread sliced in pan.
- In large bowl beat eggs, milk, sugar, syrup, vanilla, and salt to blend.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Turn bread slices to coat.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake French bread 10 minutes.
- Turn bread over and continue baking until just golden, about 4 minutes longer.
- Transfer cooked toast to plates and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve at once with warm maple syrup and chopped, toasted walnuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.