Recipe by mollypaul
A simple and delicious fish dish from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Other fish may easily be substituted.
Top Review by babytoothdoc
We loved this recipe! My husband thought it tasted like restaurant quality fish. I only baked mine for 25 minutes and it was done. Thanks so much for sharing this simply elegant and delicious recipe.
- 6 slice haddock (about two inches thick)
- 6 slice lemons
- 354.88 ml breadcrumbs (or rusk crumbs, which were originally called for in this cookbook)
- salt, to taste
- butter, to personal preference (no substitutions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a cooking pan with cooking spray (Pam) and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange fish in pan and place a lemon slice on each piece.
- Sprinkle with crumbs, season with salt and dot liberally with butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until fish is done (it will easily flake).
- Serve hot.