Baked Haddock (Or Scallops/Cod)
photo by KellyMae
- Ready In:
- 2 haddock fillets (or scallops) or 2 cod fish fillets (or scallops)
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- Pam cooking spray
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and dry fish fillets, then season with salt.
- Meanwhile, mix breadcrumbs, melted butter, juice of a lemon, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- You will need to spray some cooking spray on the breadcrumbs to make sure they are moist enough. The breadcrumbs should be forming into moist crumbs.
- Place fish in shallow baking pan.
- Pour the white wine around the fish, making sure it does not actually cover the fish.
- Place the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the fish.
- Put the fish(for haddock or cod) in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, until almost done.
- You then may want to broil the fish for a minute or two just to crisp up the topping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm not rating this as I used inferior products. Used a wine I had never tried before, my mistake. Thought I did something wrong as it was very yeasty. Will try this again as it was a simple recipe and I can definitely see the potential. Just a warning to others.. use a good dry wine that actually tastes good when you drink it.