8 hrs 25 mins
Can sprinkle chopped pecans over the caramel topping in the baking dish, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1Grease with butter or spray with cooking spray a 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish . In 2-quart saucepan, mix all topping ingredients, except the pecans. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. DO NOT BOIL. Spread topping in baking dish. Sprinkling with chopped pecans.
- 2In shallow bowl, beat eggs with fork. Add milk or half-and-half, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until well blended. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, making sure all egg mixture is absorbed; arrange bread slices over topping in dish. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 3Heat oven to 400°F Uncover baking dish; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and toast is golden brown. Cool 3 minutes.
- 4Place large heatproof serving platter upside down over baking dish; turn platter and baking dish over. Remove baking dish, scraping any extra caramel topping onto French toast. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Caramel Overnight French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 891.7
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 216.7 mg
- Sodium 1048.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 58.4 g
- Protein 21.4 g