Prep 8 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Can sprinkle chopped pecans over the caramel topping in the baking dish, if desired.
Make and share this Baked Caramel Overnight French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick diagonal slices)
- butter or cooking spray, for the pan
- Grease with butter or spray with cooking spray a 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish . In 2-quart saucepan, mix all topping ingredients, except the pecans. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. DO NOT BOIL. Spread topping in baking dish. Sprinkling with chopped pecans.
- In shallow bowl, beat eggs with fork. Add milk or half-and-half, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until well blended. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, making sure all egg mixture is absorbed; arrange bread slices over topping in dish. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400°F Uncover baking dish; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and toast is golden brown. Cool 3 minutes.
- Place large heatproof serving platter upside down over baking dish; turn platter and baking dish over. Remove baking dish, scraping any extra caramel topping onto French toast. Serve immediately.