Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a great brie dip for vegetables & crackers!
Make and share this Baked Brie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 ounces brie cheese, rind trimmed, cheese cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 28 ounces round sourdough loaf
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In small skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion & garlic. Saute until onion is golden brown, then set aside.
- Microwave Brie & cream cheese in large bowl just until melted.
- Whisk in onion mixture, sour cream & remaining ingredients [except for the loaf of bread!].
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Cut off top of bread loaf, & scoop out center, leaving 3/4" thick shell of bread.
- Spoon in cheese mixture.
- Cover with bread lid, & wrap in foil.
- Bake cheese-filled loaf until filling bubbles, about 1 hour.
- Unwrap & place on platter.
- Remove bread lid, & sprinkle sheese with paprika.
- Serve with crackers and/or vegetables [broccoli/cauliflower florets, carrot & bell pepper sticks, etc.
This appetizer is so much fun! I made it for a Halloween party in Norway, and everyone LOVED it! I will be making this again in the future. Thanks for posting.
Yum! This brie was so creamy and delicious. We love brie and this was a perfect party appetizer! I used a slightly larger round loaf of pumpernickel and it worked fine. Thanks so much :) Made this for Spring PAC 2008.
Wow, Syd! This appetizer is soooo good, I'm very glad that I made this incredible treat for my lunch today. I quartered the recipe, used a medium sized Italian bun and served it with sliced apples, red & green peppers and fresh chunks of carrots. The dip was smooth, creamy, cheesey and very tasty and the smell while baking was devine. Can't wait to make this for my son & dil. Thanks for another great treat.