- 3 cups cold vegetarian baked beans
- 6 cups water
- 2 slices onions
- 2 stalks celery, with leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the beans, water, onion, and celery in a saucepan and bring to boil for about 30 minutes.
- Put in food processor along with the tomatoes to blend together.
- Put back in saucepan Add the chili sauce and seasonings.
- In another pan, melt the butter and cook with the flour for 2 minutes to form a roux.
- Stir the roux into the soup and keep stirring over a medium heat until the soup thickens.
- You might also throw in some mustard or horseradish for variation.