Sassy in da South's Note:
This is a good casserole that can either be served as a main dish or as a side dish. This recipe was given to me by a friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- 3Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 4In the drippings, saute green pepper, onion, salt, marjoram, thyme and pepper for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in tomatoes.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 8Stir in the noodles.
- 9Add half of the bacon.
- 10Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 11Top with cheese and remaining bacon.
- 12Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Tomato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.4
- Calories from Fat 565
- Total Fat 62.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 142.7 mg
- Sodium 2185.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g