Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very flavorful. A different twist on the ol' deviled egg.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, drained well
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Cut eggs in halves lengthwise.
- Remove yolks.
- Mash yolks in medium bowl.
- Add relish, onion and bacon.
- Add butter, salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add mayonnaise to bind.
- Refill egg whites.
- Sprinkle with Paprika.
- Refrigerate to meld flavors.
"Deviled' means spicy hot. The recipe is for stuffed eggs. You need hot sauce to "devil' them.
A real Go To recipe that never fails. I like to also add 2 -3 cooked, cold salad shrimp to the top of each.
I recall making these for a BBQ I hosted, I recall putting them out on a platter, I remember eating one, but wouldn't you know it... I turn around and they vanished. The one that I had was so freaking tasty that I wish they hadn't been devoured by my guests, because I could have easily eaten 5 more.